Who are we?
CWB is a UK registered charity, incorporated as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation under number 1154576.
Our contact details
The categories of personal data we collect and use
The categories of personal data we collect and use include:
- email address;
- telephone number;
- date of birth, age and/or age range;
- information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, device identifier, operating system, browser, MAC address or IP address);
- information about the pages or sections you have visited on the websites or mobile applications provided by us, including the pages or sections you visited, the website or mobile application you were referred from, and when you visited or used them;
- information about the Services we provide to you (including for example, what we have provided to you, when and where and, if applicable, how much you paid);
- information you provide to us with when you contact us by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- information you provide to us about your health (for example when you sign up to volunteer with us or when we are investigating an accident which may have happened involving a CWB project);
- information about electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication;
- answers you provide when you respond to competitions, votes and surveys;
- your identity, public profile, follows and likes from a social network such as Facebook (this may include your employment or education information if you include it in your public profile); and
- other personal data which you may disclose to us when you use our Services at any time.
Sources of personal data
We will receive your personal data when you provide them to us yourself or when you use or purchase one or more of our Services.
How we use your personal data
- As necessary, to perform a contract with you, such as a contract to process an order from you for one or more of our Services including, where applicable, taking payment and carrying out fulfilment and delivery.
- As necessary, to comply with a legal obligation, for the following purposes:
- where you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests; and
- to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity.
- As necessary, for our legitimate interests in providing the Services and ensuring they operate safely, securely and in a commercially suitable way which is tailored to your use and interests, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the Services;
- to verify your identity for security purposes;
- to help us to ensure our customers and volunteers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- to ensure the security of our websites, mobile applications and other technology systems;
- for the good governance of the charity, including keeping financial records, to allow us to pay suppliers and to charge, invoice or refund;
- to record and investigate health and safety and other incidents which have happened or may have happened involving CWB;
- to provide you with information about our Services, to contact you about administrative matters, and to manage and respond to any queries or complaints you make or any correspondence you send us;
- to process your competition entries and your survey or voting information;
- for the purpose of marketing our Services, including sending marketing communications and, where applicable, processing your registration, creating custom marketing audiences on third-party websites such as Facebook, and profiling and automated decision-making relating to our marketing;
- to operate competitions, including notifying you if you have won, to confirm delivery of a prize or for other related purposes; and
- for market research and statistical analysis and to analyse the use of our Services so that we can improve them.
- Based on your consent, for the following purposes:
- to send you marketing communications.
- Based on your explicit consent, when you provide us with personal data about your health, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with tailored services; and
- to help us investigate an incident which may have taken place at CWB.
If you win a competition, we may publicly post some of your data on our website or mobile application (for example acceptance of a prize may also require you (unless prohibited by law) to allow us to post publically some of your personal data such as on a winners page). However, we will not post your data publically without your express consent.
We will collect and aggregate on an anonymous basis information about you, your spending and use of our Services with information about other users of the Services in order to identify trends ("Aggregated Data"). Aggregated Data will not contain information from which you may be personally identified.
Sharing your personal data
We will share your personal data with the data processors that help us to provide the Services. Any data processors with whom we share your personal data are limited (by law and by contract) in their ability to use your personal data for any purpose other than to provide services for us.
We will also disclose your personal data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity;
- in order to enforce or apply any agreement or to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, volunteers or other persons. This may include exchanging personal data with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Save as expressly detailed above in this section, we will never share, sell or rent any of your personal data to any third party without notifying you and/or obtaining your consent.
International transfers of your personal data
Your personal data may be transferred to, and processed in a location outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will normally retain your personal data for as long as you use our Services and for up to two years after your last use of our Services or your last interaction with us.
We will retain your personal data for longer if we believe we may need them in order to respond to any claims, to protect our rights or the rights of a third party, and we will retain your personal data for longer if we are required to retain them in order to comply with applicable laws.
We will always retain your personal data in accordance with data protection law and never retain your personal data for longer than is necessary.
- request that we provide you with a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- request that we update any of your personal data which are inaccurate or incomplete;
- request that we delete any of your personal data which we are holding;
- request that we restrict the way that we process your personal data;
- request that we provide your personal data to you or a third-party provider of services in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format;
- object to us processing personal data based on our legitimate interests, including profiling; or
- object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
Your request must include your name, email address and postal address and we may request proof of your identity. Please allow at least 21 days for us to process your request.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time.
You can withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in an email or by adjusting the push message settings for the mobile application.
The consequence of you withdrawing consent might be that we cannot do certain things for you.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You may also make a complaint to a supervisory authority for data protection matters. In the UK, this would be the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/). If you live in another EEA country, you may complain to the supervisory authority in your country. Alternatively you may seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached.
How do we protect your personal data?
We use industry standard technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data.
We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data when you transmit it to us. For example, if you email us your personal data, you should be aware that email is not a secure transmission method. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access one of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Links to other websites and mobile applications
We sometimes provide you with links to other websites or mobile applications, but these websites and mobile applications are not under our control. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our Services. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, content or security of any linked websites or mobile applications. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each and every website and mobile application that you visit.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
Cookies and web beacons are used by us and third parties for the following purposes:
- to enable certain features of our website (for example, to allow a customer to maintain a basket when they are shopping at an online store);
- to analyse the traffic to our website (for example, we can count how many people have looked at a specific page, or see how visitors move around the website when they use it, and use this information to improve the website);